Disability compensation benefits are available to those who suffer from injuries or illnesses that occurred or worsened from their military service.
Methods to Apply for Veterans Disability
- You can apply online for veterans’ disability benefits using the Veterans On-Line Application (VONAPP).
- To apply by mail, complete Application for Veterans Compensation and/or Pension, which can be found at the VA Forms Website, and send it to your local VA office.
- You can apply by phone by calling 800-827-1000. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, call the TDD line at 800-829-4833. If you live outside the U.S., call 412-395-6272.
- You can visit your local VA office (Department of Veterans Affairs).
What evidence is needed to provide?
You can help to support your VA disability claim by providing documents, such as:
- VA medical records and hospital records that relate to your claimed illnesses or injuries or that show your rated disability has gotten worse.
- Private medical records and hospital reports relate to your claimed illnesses or injuries or show your disability has gotten worse.
- Supporting statements you’d like to provide from family members, friends, clergy members, law enforcement personnel, or those you served with that can tell us more about your claimed condition and how and when it happened or how it got worse.
Pinyerd Disability Law
When you contact my office, I will personally be handling your case. Unlike some larger firms or national companies where you primarily work with a “case manager,” you work directly with me, and I have won millions for our clients over more than ten years. We believe we are more successful because we pay close attention to each case, and I personally handle the cases.