Indianapolis Veterans Disability Attorneys
Providing Justice For Marion County Disabled Veterans
If you sustained one or more disabilities as a result of military service, you may qualify for monetary benefits. Unfortunately, the process for obtaining compensation through the VA can be confusing and difficult to navigate, and many U.S. veterans with legitimate disabilities have their claims unfairly denied.
We win cases that other firms would not because we dig deeper and take into account the smallest details.
For VA claims, we handle represent cases at all levels, including the Regional Offices (RO), the Board of Veteran’s Appeals (BVA), the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, the Federal Circuit Courts, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
You will work directly with our Indianapolis veterans disability attorneys throughout our handling of your case, and we will do everything we can to secure the benefits you need.
Our team at Pinyerd Disability Law, LLC can assist you with:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Veterans Disability Benefits
- 3M Earplug Lawsuits
If you are struggling to obtain VA benefits or believe your application has been unfairly rejected, our Indianapolis veterans disability attorneys are ready to help. Call (317) 342-5991 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation.
Who Qualifies for Veterans Disability Benefits?
Only veterans of the United States military may qualify for veterans disability benefits. Active service members with disabilities can sometimes initiate the claims process in the months before they are formally discharged.
To qualify for veterans disability benefits, a veteran must meet the following requirements:
- The veteran must have a diagnosed disability or disease
- The veteran must have experienced an incident during their active service
- The disability or disease must be “service-connected,” meaning the incident during active service must have directly caused or triggered the condition
Veterans who were dishonorably discharged are not eligible for veterans disability benefits. Disabilities or diseases caused by misconduct or as a result of avoiding duty will also not qualify.
How Does Filing a VA Disability Claim Work?
Once you discover a disability resulting from military service, you should immediately start the application process. The sooner you submit a VA disability claim, the sooner your effective date for benefits will be.
1. Submit Your Claim
You can complete your claim application online or send the applicable paperwork to the closest VA Regional Office. You must precisely explain the details of your medical condition(s), including the date you began to notice symptoms and the date of your diagnosis.
In addition to providing copies of your medical records, you will also need to submit evidence that demonstrates the disability was caused by your military service.
2. Wait For The Decision
Next comes what can be an extensive period. You may need to wait months or even years before the VA makes a decision. Once the VA has processed your claim, they will approve or reject your request for disability benefits. If they deny your application, you can file a Notice of Disagreement and initiate an appeal. This appeal must be submitted within one year of your denial.
3. Disability Assignment Received
If your claim is approved, the VA will assign a disability rating that determines the level of benefits you will receive. The more severe the disability, the higher the disability rating. Veterans with higher disability ratings receive larger monetary amounts each month.
Our Indianapolis veterans disability attorneys can guide you through each stage of this sometimes-frustrating process. We are prepared to pursue an appeal, if necessary, and will fight to obtain a disability rating that is consistent with your condition. No matter your circumstances, we will aggressively advocate for you every step of the way.
Types of VA Claims Our Indianapolis Lawyers Handle
Our Indianapolis veterans disability attorneys at Pinyerd Disability Law, LLC has seen it all. No claim is too complex for us, and we are well-versed in how to effectively approach many types of VA disability cases. Our Indianapolis veterans disability lawyers can assist you with many types of claims, including those involving:
- Agent Orange Exposure. The VA presumes Agent Orange exposure if you stepped foot in Vietnam during the war, and you may also qualify even if you served in the offshore Blue Water Navy division. The presumption allows for an automatic grant of benefits for certain conditions, but the VA will still sometimes unfairly deny initial claims. We will fiercely pursue the benefits you and your family are entitled to.
- Assault. The military has made an effort to address physical and sexual assaults amongst service members, but, unfortunately, incidents do still occur. If you were physically or sexually assaulted while serving, you may be entitled to disability benefits.
- Cancer. We handle claims involving lymphoma, leukemia, brain and spinal cord cancers, prostate cancer, melanoma, and breast cancer.
- Cardiovascular Conditions. Our team fights for veterans dealing with chronic heart failures that involve systolic and diastolic problems, ischemic heart disease, coronary artery disease, recurrent arrhythmias, and heart transplants.
- Degenerative Arthritis. While serving, your duties may have aggravated and/or substantially caused your arthritis. It is possible to get benefits for arthritis even if your service only contributed to or worsened your condition. With these cases, we also recommend an independent, non-VA doctor, as they are more specific than most VA doctors.
- Dermatological Conditions. We represent veterans with ichthyosis, bullous disease, chronic infections of the skin or mucous membranes, dermatitis, genetic photosensitivity disorders, and burn-related skin lesions expected to last twelve months or more.
- Gastrointestinal Conditions. Our firm can assist you with claims involving cholecystectomy, colitis, pancreatitis, esophageal spasm, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), hiatal hernia, hepatitis, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), diverticular disease, cirrhosis, and infectious intestinal disorders.
- Hearing Loss and Tinnitus. Many veterans we speak to have either tinnitus (ringing in the ears) or some level of hearing loss. This appears to be a chronic problem that is not being properly addressed by the VA. It is important to know that the VA will often test for hearing problems and generate inconsistent results. If possible, we recommend that you get an independent hearing test through a private, non-VA doctor. If you served between 2003 and 2015 and used 3M Combat Arms earplugs, we may also be able to help you obtain compensation through private legal action.
- Infectious Diseases. Our team can help you if you were exposed to brucellosis, campylobacteriosis, Coxiella burnetii (Q fever), malaria, mycobacterium tuberculosis, nontyphoid salmonella, shigella, visceral leishmaniasis, West Nile virus, or any other debilitating infectious disease during your military service.
- Knee or Back Injuries. We have helped many veterans who qualify for benefits due to service-related knee or back issues. Injury-causing incidents may occur in the course of conducting job duties or during training.
- Mental Disorders. In addition to PTSD, we can assist you with cases involving schizophrenia, clinical depression, bipolar and other mood-related disorders, intellectual disorders, anxiety or obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), personality and impulse-control disorders, dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, Huntington disease, neurodevelopmental disorders, eating orders, and stress or trauma-related disorders.
- Musculoskeletal Disorders. Our firm takes on claims involving degenerative disc disease, osteoarthritis, vertebral fractures, arthritis, amputations, soft tissue injuries, and major fractures.
- Neurological Disorders. We can help you if your military service triggered or exacerbated neurological conditions like epilepsy, benign tumors, Parkinsonian syndrome, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis (MS), muscular dystrophy, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), a traumatic brain injury (TBI), a coma, or any type of persistent vegetative state.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. If you have military service-related PTSD as a result of combat or stateside duty, you are entitled to benefits. Do not let the VA push you around: We can help you get what you deserve.
- Respiratory Conditions. We can assist with claims involving asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, sarcoidosis, sleep apnea, and more.
- Vision Loss. If you sustained blindness or loss of central visual acuity as a result of military service, our team can help.
Call Our VA Disability Law Firm for Experienced Help Today
Our Indianapolis veterans disability lawyers have handled thousands of cases and won millions for clients. At Pinyerd Disability Law, LLC, we treat our clients like family and will provide your case with the comprehensive level of attention it deserves.
Pinyerd Disability Law, LLC is a disability law firm located in Indianapolis. Our VA disability lawyers have handled thousands of claims over more than ten years and won millions for our clients. When you hire our firm, you will receive a comprehensive level of compassionate attention and work directly with our attorneys every step of the way.
We make it our mission to help our clients access the disability benefits they need and will do everything we can to obtain a favorable result in your case.
We are committed to advocating for you and will not give up. Contact our veterans disability lawyers online or call (317) 342-5991 to discuss your case with us.
David got my social security the first time I ever applied. Pinyerd Law helped with everything and was always making sure my paperwork was submitted properly. If you want a good social security disability lawyer, call Pinyerd Law!"
"I am extremely grateful for Attorney Pinyerd and staff in my award of SSDI benefits. My interaction with Pinyerd Law was a smooth, calm, reassuring, and pleasant experience."Robert B.
Dave makes a very trying and stressful situation painless and simple. Very quick to respond and answer all questions thoroughly. Helped me get what I wanted when I thought it was not possible. Highly recommend. Thanks again Dave!"
Trustworthy & ExperiencedWe have years of experience handling all disability cases, earning the respect of our community.
It's Personal to UsWe handle each case with the care you deserve, and we'll treat you like family.
You'll Speak To An AttorneyYour case will be personally handled by a licensed attorney, not a legal assistant.
We'll Take Care of EverythingAs our client, you can trust us to be with you every step of the way.
A Higher Winning PercentageWe know what it takes to win your case, and our track record proves it.